Edwin Kissing Tilda  

Posted

Hello and thanks for stopping by!  Today, I have a card that, when I look at it, I think to myself, "Well, they can't all be winners!"  :o(  I don't know if it's the colors (pink isn't one of my faves to work with) or the layout, but whatever it is, I'm just not feeling it.

SO after that stellar introduction, here is the card in question...


A LOT of masking went into this little scene.  I used Shy Tilda, Kissing Edwin, and a building background stamp that I can't find the name to - sorry!  Anyway, they are all colored with SU reinkers and on the glass windows I used Smooch Pearlized Top Coat.  The ribbon is from my stash.  The flowers are Prima and WOC - except the pink rose, that's a no-name from Michael's wedding aisle.  Again, I used the CB hearts die, which is a really fun little embellishment!  I added the sentiment "Bliss" from a SU set.


Here's a fun little side view.


A close-up of the dreamy little couple.


Of course, it wouldn't be complete without a quick shot of the inside!

There you have it.  My attempt at...well, something!  Even though I'm not completely thrilled with this card, I'll still use it as an entry to a BUNCH of challenges.  (I had NO idea there were so many challenge blogs out there!  Geez, I must have been really sheltered before this little blog of mine opened up a whole new world to me!)

Now, I just need to figure out how to enter those challenges!  Wish me luck!
These are the ones I'm going to try to enter:
Magnolia-licious Highlites - hearts, pink, silver, & white
Just Magnolia - anything goes with the option of ribbon
Paper Take Weekly - anything goes with the option of flowers
7 Kids Challenge Blog - I {heart} you
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - love is in the air
All That Scraps Blog - queen of hearts


Oh and for those of you who don't have enough in your "stash," I came across a couple sales during my "someday" browsing... ohmycrafts.com will take 10% off your order by entering lds10 at checkout (I don't know how long this special goes, though) and Dick at pbstamps.com has a good deal going on Nestabilities (if you can manage his site without going crazy!)  Yes, I'm an enabler.  I know.  Happy shopping!

:o)
P.S.  To all those who take your time to leave me your precious comments - Thank You!!!  I love reading them and appreciate each and every one of them!

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 6, 2011 at 8:29 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

21 comments

Cassy, I know what you mean when your card just doesn't feel right but I don't think you have to worry too much - it's lovely! I love the shabby chic look to it and the colour combo works really well. TFS! Hugs, Becca

February 6, 2011 at 10:45 PM

This couple is really adorable!
Bye Mascha

February 7, 2011 at 4:09 AM

Cassy..I love the soft colors and the awesome scene you created. TFS
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

February 7, 2011 at 5:24 AM

Becca,
I love how you've colored the images. Super unique! Okay, I just noticed the background stamp too. Wow, you've done a wonderful job.
Blessings and Happy Monday~
Leslie

February 7, 2011 at 5:56 AM

Oh I really love this! They are colored so softly and those hearts peeking out are delightful!
Rene :D

February 7, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I think it turned out very sweet! I have those moments too... I think we are always our own harshest critic! :)

February 7, 2011 at 8:50 AM

so cute! adorable couple! : )
Pam Going Postal

February 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I can see you put a lot of time into putting 3 different stamps together with all the masking you had to do! That alone should give you kudos! These are my favorite colors so I think it's awesome! I'm always impressed that you finish the insides of your cards and give us a peek! Thanks!!

February 7, 2011 at 10:07 AM

WoW! You've done such an elaborate work here with masking and stuff. Putting 3 stamps together is something you should be proud of.
Great job. Lovely coloring and all.
Hugs Iulia

February 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM

What a fabulous scene you created....absolutely stunning!!!!
Your coloring is phenomenal. Love everything about your wonderful card!

February 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Aww shucks - sure is a cute card Mam!
Sandy

February 7, 2011 at 2:01 PM

How sweet. Love the soft colors. Very pretty.

February 7, 2011 at 9:32 PM

This is a stunning creation. Love it so much. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

February 7, 2011 at 10:36 PM

This is such an adorable card! Love it :)

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :)

February 8, 2011 at 3:51 AM

Very pretty card..Lots of time went into it but it is worth it..Thanks for sharing..Dee

February 8, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Lovely!! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

February 8, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Beautiful card, so delicate looking. TFS

February 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

So cute your stamps and very Valentine.

February 9, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Oh how very adorable!! I love the cute scene!
Hugs
Jodi =)

February 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM

so cute, you did a wonderful job making this terrific scene! Your hard work sure paid off with this beauty. Thanks for playing with us at 7 kids.

February 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Very sweet! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia! hugs, Jane x

February 11, 2011 at 5:46 AM

Post a Comment