Tilda Playing Hopscotch  

Posted

Hello cyber-friends!

I wanted to make a birthday card for a sweet friend of mine, Emily, so I decided on this darling image of Tilda Playing Hopscotch from the new Sweet Rainbow collection.

I have been oogling cards around the web that have used oms & colored pencils on kraft paper.  I LOVE the look of that technique! Now, an artist I'm not, so don't get your hopes up!  But this is my first attempt at coloring on kraft paper using oms & colored pencils...


I used SB's Deckled Rectangles to cut out the image and the Doohickey Swirl Die.  I stuck a doily behind Tilda and added some Prima and WOC flowers.  The ribbon was salvaged from something or another and I used a SU scallop punch for the panel behind Tilda.


A closer view of my mad coloring skills! hahaha


The inside sentiment "Happy Birthday" is from SU and the circular sentiment is from Lili of the Valley.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!





Challenges:
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Flower Power

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 6:52 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

19 comments

I just got her today! She's adorable! Great job on your card...super cute!
Rene :D

June 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM

This is very sweet, Cassy! I love the soft colors you chose. You created a lovely card!

XO,
Chris Christensen

June 2, 2011 at 7:21 PM

So precious Cassy! I love this image and your coloring is fantastic.
Blessings,
Leslie

June 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Adorable card, Cassy! Love the pretty colors and this new Tilda is so cute!
hugs!

June 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Very cute. You did a great job coloring on the kraft card stock.

Julie

June 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Adorable card. TFS

June 2, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Super duper. I love your creation. A great job on the coloring with the pencils. I ahven't tried it on kraft paper yet. Must give it a go. Lovely design of the card.
Hugs Maz

June 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM

This is so darn cute!!!!!

June 3, 2011 at 4:45 AM

pretty!

June 3, 2011 at 4:49 AM

I wanna play, too! Nice work on your card. Great!

June 3, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Simply adorable!!!! Great job!!!!

June 3, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I really how you took the easel card and made it "backless." What a great idea!

June 3, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Cassy, this is gorgeous. Isn’t Tilda just adorable? You’ve beautifully coloured her on that kraft paper with your coloured pencils. You make me want to try that too. And it’s an easel card to boot—my fave. Gorgeous flowers and I just love swirls.
Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

June 3, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Cassy, Beautiful card!!! That is hard to color on that kraft paper and you have done a fab job of it!!!

Thanks for stopping by with you very nice commetns
hugs, Janiel

June 4, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Anonymous  

Beautiful card, Cassy! Love this image and you've colored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

June 4, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Kraft paper/cs is a trend and you used that CS very well on this card, with Tilda! Luv your coloring, and other colors you coordinated with:-)

June 5, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Tooo pretty! Love this tilda... now I regret not buying it.
Gorgeous card.

June 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Anonymous  

Oh so totally precious!! LOVE your card design and colors!! HUGS

June 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Pretty & precious looking Tilda card. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

June 9, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Post a Comment