Heartbreaker Edwin Valentine  

Posted

My very first blog post!  I'm so excited...and nervous.  This is WAY out of my comfort zone.  Normally, I just share my creations with my family and close friends but now, here I am sharing it with the world...or the few people who may happen to stumble across my blog.  :o)

So this is it, I decided to try my hand at this super-cute "Tag" card I saw on the amazing Cheryl's blog who saw one on the uber-talented Claudia's blog who got the tutorial from...well, you get the picture!


For this card, I used Heartbreaker Edwin from Magnolia stamps.  I used Stampin' Up! and K & Co. dp.  The hearts are cut using a super cute CB die (thanks Kylie!), the ribbons are from my stash, the rhinestones and jumbo eyelet are SU, and the doily was a gift from my BFF and card making cohort, Jennifer.  :o)


I colored Edwin using SU re-inkers.  I would really love to get some distress inks to try my hand at BUT since I have every single color of re-inker (and In Color) I might as well use what I have!


The sentiment is from a dollar bin at Joann's and the pretty roses are from WOC.


A little peek at the inside with my FAVE tag die from Magnolia.

So there you have it.  My very first post!  I hope this is the beginning of a very long blogging, card making, and crafting journey that you would like to join me on!

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

Great first post! The tag card is beautiful! How does the card stay closed? The doilies look super cute, too!

January 29, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Congratulations for starting your blog! Your Edwin card is fabulous. You're off to a great start!! Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

January 29, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Hello Cassy, Gorgeous card!Very lovely details. Love those die cut hearts in the background. Bravo! for your first post, and enjoy blogging world.
Hugs. Danielle.

January 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Cassy,
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! You're going to be so glad that you've started one.
Love your Edwin valentines day tag card. You've colored him perfectly! Looking forward in seeing more creations from you!
Blessings from Georgetown,
Leslie

January 29, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Congratulations on your first of many posts to come, Cassy! You did an excellent job with this tag card, and I love how Edwin is sitting there! Keep posting! Hugs, Cami
P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment!

January 29, 2011 at 10:41 PM

WOW!!! For your first blog entry you've done VERY well!! Your tag is very very pretty and I just love those hearts. Looking forward to your next post! Welcome to this crazy blogging world!! Hugs!

January 30, 2011 at 6:23 PM

It's cool to see black hearts. The black and red combo is fun to use and your Edwin colored beautifully. Cute card!!
hugs,
Cabio

January 31, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Welcome to blog world! Hope you are ready for a great ride! Your card is adorable. I've been wanting to sit down and work on one of these too. Thanks for the inspiration. Looking forward to seeing more.

February 1, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Absolutely wonderful Cassy!!
Sandy

February 4, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Post a Comment