Tilda With Flowing Hair  

Posted

A few weeks back, the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog had a color challenge to use the combination of orange and green.  WHAT???  Eew!  Was kind of my first reaction.  But I am happy to report that it wasn't that bad.  I actually kinda like what I came up with.  My darling didn't have my blog up in time for me to enter the challenge but that's ok, I love him anyway! :o)


This cutie is Tilda with Flowing Hair, colored with SU reinkers.  The dp is K & Co., the raffia is something I've had in my stash f-o-r-e-v-e-r!  The pretty flowers are WOC and Prima.  I cut the leaves using a die I got from SU.  The rhinestones are also SU.


I really love this Tilda image but then again, what Tilda don't I love?  (As my BFF, Jennifer, rolls her eyes in agreement).  hahaha


I have a difficult time with the whole "halo" thing around my images.  Maybe I'll need to invest in some background stamps.  Any suggestions would be more than welcome!


And to finish it out - the inside!  And that, my friends, is my first (almost) entry into a challenge!  hahaha

Thanks for stopping by!  I really appreciate your comments.  I know (believe me, I know) how much easier and quicker it is just to check out a card without leaving a comment.

:o)


This entry was posted on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 6:24 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

21 comments

I love the bright fun colors and papers and your stitching looks great! Adorable card!
hugs, Sharon

January 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Beautifully done Crissy both inside and outside of this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

January 30, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Beautiful card Crissy! These are not my fave colors either but you did a great job and it is lovely! Hugs, Cami

January 30, 2011 at 7:48 PM

How funny! I think we all had the same reaction and then, once our cards were done, we realized they actually go very well together! And your card is a perfect example of that!
Rene :D

January 30, 2011 at 7:53 PM

How sweet. I love the colors you used.

January 30, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Hay Cassy, so glad you got your comments working! Loved your first card and this one is absolutly adorable!!!! Wonderful job!
Judy K.

January 30, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Anonymous  

Congrats on your new blog! Tilda looks very pretty! Your card and coloring has a great vintage feel!

January 30, 2011 at 8:46 PM

You are off to a great start Cassy! I'm so proud of you! I love how you finish the insides of your cards and share them with all of us!

January 30, 2011 at 9:21 PM

A lovely little ensemble, i love the stitching detail, and i look forward to seeing you grow into your blog and this new venture of yours
smiles
Paola

January 30, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Hi Cassy!
I'm glad you got your comments up and running. You have made a super card. I love all the design papers and your stitching.
Hugs Maz

January 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Cassy, I wonder why they named this particular iamge Tilda with Flowing Hair, as LOTS of Tilda have flowing hair...LOL. Your card is beautiful. Love all the warm colour and Tilda is wonderfully coloured. Terrific job with the stitches.

Hugs,
Norma

January 30, 2011 at 11:49 PM
Anonymous  

A wonderful card Cassy, love your DP's and stitching. It is a shame you weren't able to enter it in the challenge, but I'm sure you will be able to enter many more.
hugs

January 31, 2011 at 4:25 AM

I love your card, you are very talented. I am glad the comments are coming through for you now. This group is awesome, they are all sweet and willing to help with our crafting. Welcome

January 31, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Lovely card! I just love teh colors and the stitching and the coloring! It gives me a feeling of old times>
Great card!
Hugs, Iulia

January 31, 2011 at 9:58 AM

This is soooo sweet! I think your card is wonderful!
Hugs Jeanette xxo

January 31, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Lovely card Cassy it looks beautiful. hugs Carolyn

February 1, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Beautiful card, Cassy! Love the bright colors - so cheerful! The stitching looks awesome too!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

February 1, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Super cute card. Beautiful job.. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a custom made apron give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

February 1, 2011 at 5:48 PM

beautiful card! I love your layout and color combo.Thank you very much for your nice comments for my tutorial.

Hugs,
Ying

February 3, 2011 at 5:29 AM

Cassy this card is so yummy - I love the colors and the papers and your design work and the coloring of Tilda is grand! Love the touch of blue in the flowers too!!
Sandy

February 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I love the colors, beautiful!!!!

February 9, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Post a Comment