Teacher Gift Set  

Posted

Good evening all my blogging buddies! I received an email today from my nearest and dearest friend, Jennifer, demanding requesting that I add another post to my somewhat neglected new blog. Then she proceeded to send me pictures she had taken of cards I have made. How, umm, thoughtful?

So here is a gift set I made for my son's teacher at the beginning of the school year.


I used Tilda with Curls colored with SU reinkers.  The ribbon is from my stash and the pearl brad is American Crafts Elements.  I cut apart a Prima Pearls and Swirls for the bling.


I'm not sure why Tilda looks so washed out but I did use a flesh tone to color her!  I also used Stickles and Crystal Effects for her shoes and roses.


The flowers are Prima with a die from SU for the leaves.  The red rose was white but it didn't match very well so I used my SU reinkers to color it.  I dry embossed all the dps for a little more texture...and because it's just a fun effect!


I finished off the inside of my card with the saying, "A teacher effects eternity, he can never know where his influence stops" ~Henry Adams.  (And yes, Jennifer obviously took the pictures AFTER we signed the card.  How embarrassing!) :o)


The gift box I decorated for the card.


The inside of the box with the card wrapped up all nice and pretty!


Last but not least, the altered tin I made and filled with all sorts of yummy chocolates for my son's AMAZING teacher!

I apologize for the ridiculously long post.  Thanks for sticking it out!  Until next time...

:o)
Cassy

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 7:57 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

25 comments

It's a lovely box. I luve the contrast of the colors in the Tilda and the flowers.

February 4, 2011 at 3:38 AM

Gorgeous box , great choice of colors and a gorgeous image to go with. I just love it!
Hugs Iulia

February 4, 2011 at 3:44 AM

What a GORGEOUS gift!! Great color choices!!

Wendy - daffygal

February 4, 2011 at 4:14 AM

really wonderful card.. love the details.. ♥
Hugs, Katrin

February 4, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Oh my, how beautiful is this gift. I'm sure your son's teacher was completely blown away!

February 4, 2011 at 5:34 AM
Anonymous  

How beautiful! I'm inspired by the way you wrapped the card and decorated it inside the box! Your coloring is gorgeous.
Hugs, Nancy

February 4, 2011 at 5:41 AM

This is simply gorgeous!! I can see why your friend wanted you to share it. Love it!!!

February 4, 2011 at 6:32 AM

What a wonderful gift, Cassy! Love the redand black, it's very striking! Anyone would be very happy with such a beautiful gift!
hugs!

February 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM

I love the vintage feel of this card. It's a great gift!

February 4, 2011 at 7:19 AM

Oh Cassy - how very pretty - so rich.
wonderful present!
Sandy

February 4, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Well I can see why Jennifer was dem...um, I mean requesting a new project! ;) This is divine!!!! Gorgeous colors too!
Rene :D

February 4, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Ohhh la, la! This is wonderful! What a great gift and so much love went into it, too! I love the colors and love the coloration. It's just so pretty and the stamp is a perfect choice!

XO,
Chris Christensen

February 4, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I love how you can use red and black colors! They are definately striking like someone already mentioned. I would have never thought to use those two colors with the image you picked! Bravo!

February 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Beautiful card and box .....a totally stunning gift!!!!

February 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Wow, what a wonderful gift/ card! Everything just coordinates so beautifully! Great job!
Happy Friday~
Leslie

February 4, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Beautiful and elegant project. Love the elegant and stunning design :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

February 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Oh this is such a beautiful card and gift box set! So elegant and in rich colors.
Hugs,
Cami

February 4, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Hi! Cassy, Fabulous project! love your card inside out! Tilda is wonderfully colored. A very precious gift that will certaily make someone very very happy!
HUgs. Danielle.
PS: thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving such kind words.

February 5, 2011 at 6:01 AM
Anonymous  

Gorgeous card Cassy! Just the right balance of embellishing and lovely coloring! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

February 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM

This is gorgeous! I love the contrast between the red in the flowers and the white dress.

Julie

February 5, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Anonymous  

Beautiful job!

February 6, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Hi Cassy....this is one of my favorite Tildas.....and you colored her beautifully.
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

February 6, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Marie  

Wooooow that is so beautiful .
I hope to learn a lot here.
I am very new her and so glad I found this blog.
Thanks for the inspiration
Marie

February 7, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Wow this is absolutely stunning!!

February 7, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Wow, absolutely beautiful! This is such a wonderful gift and I'm sure his teacher will love it.

Hugs,

Jackie

February 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Post a Comment